ClefOS for IBM z provides a Linux distribution for IBM z intended to fill the need for a royalty and license free operating system for appliance and utility system construction by anyone wishing to deploy applications on z hardware. ClefOS:
- Provides a complete Linux distribution that tracks the popular CentOS distribution on Intel systems
- Can be used by end-users and ISVs royalty and license free
- Permits commercial software certified for RHEL to run at lower cost
- Features automatic availability of patches and updates without subscriptions
ClefOS is already in use by several large ISVs to deliver application appliances and services in convenient, easy to install packages.
Sine Nomine Associates is pleased to provide a comprehensive package of ClefOS Services, which entails but is not limited to:
- ClefOS Consulting: installation assistance (included); integration consulting
- ClefOS Development: new application repositories are being added weekly, bringing the stability of an enterprise OS and the availability of up-to-the-minute applications.
- ClefOS Support: defect resolution for bugs and compatibility assurance for their fixes; upgrade maintenance
- ClefOS Training
- ClefOS Downloads: Use Packages to obtain the installation files needed for your preferred ClefOS version. (The links are direct, so you may copy and paste the link URLs if you are downloading with
curl, or similar command-line utilities. If you are downloading with a graphical web browser, you will want to use your browser's "Save Link As..." feature to directly save the file rather than viewing it.) If you prefer, you may also use our unformatted file list.
Our ClefOS support pricing is based on several variables including the number of production IFL's: tiny installations get extra discounts, the number of sites, distance between sites, immediacy of disaster recovery IFL's, and the desired contract length.