Developed and supported by Sine Nomine Associates and incorporating Red Hat technologies, the High-Availability Option (HAO) for Red Hat Enterprise Linux on Systems z provides software and support tooling to implement clustered, highly available system services and data storage services on System z hardware. HAO is intended as a general purpose clustering infrastructure component for all users of RHEL on System z who need to provide highly available system services and data storage systems on System z hardware.
Find more information here.
The package is designed to be functionally equivalent to the Red Hat Cluster Suite, and to leverage existing skills within your organization on cluster definition, application migration and management, and cluster operations. The package includes:
- Cluster failover infrastructure tooling
- Cluster failover policy definition, management, deployment, and monitoring tools
- GFS2 (a cluster-aware general purpose file system) and support
- Support for LPAR and z/VM implementation
- Load balancing and workload distribution software
- Load balancing and workload distribution policy definition, management, deployment and monitoring tools
- Support of SCSI Hard Drives
HAO has been tested with popular commercial enterprise applications such as DB/2 and Websphere MQSeries high-availability requirements. SNA engineers can assist with implementing HAO support for many products as part of separate services engagements.
Sine Nomine Associates delivers a comprehensive package for our HAO, which includes but is not limited to:
- HAO Consulting: installation and configuration assistance
- HAO Development: maintenance is included in the annual subscription price.
- HAO Support: software support is included in the annual subscription price.
- HAO Training and Continuing Education
- HAO Downloads: HAO for RHEL on System z is delivered in electronic form to Internet-connected sites, and is installed using standard RHEL software installation processes. HAO is available for installation immediately upon payment of the invoice.
HAO for RHEL on System z is licensed on an annual basis by a subscription fee, which is priced based on the effective capacity used to support RHEL systems running HAO across your entire enterprise.
If you have other questions, or want to arrange a trial license, please contact us here.