HAO allows for workload distribution, cluster creation and management software and enterprise-level support for GFS2, a comprehensive cluster-aware file system that is aware of the System z hardware capabilities for zero down time service. The product enables cluster communications via TCPIP and IUCV message transports, and provides the ability to cluster combinations of z/VM guests and LPARs running RHEL on the same physical system or different physical systems (subject to the documented hardware and disk sharing configuration limitations supported by IBM).
Additional information, manuals, white papers and brochures about HAO for System z and System p are available from the following sources:
- Brochures for the System z and System p versions of HAO.
- A white paper on installing a sample cluster
- A presentation overview of HAO on System z and System p
- The trial license paperwork is available here.
- HAO listing in IBM's Global Solution Directory
- Presentation by Red Hat on HAO
- Commentary by Red Hat on HAO for System z
- Red Hat London presentation on HAO for System z and System p