What is Mono?
If you have legacy controllers running .NET, Sine Nomine Associates can update them to Linux.
Sponsored by Microsoft, Mono is an open source implementation of Microsoft's .NET Framework based on the ECMA standards for C# and the Common Language Runtime. A growing family of solutions and an active and enthusiastic contributing community is helping position Mono to become the leading choice for development of cross platform applications.
Using the tools and compilers provided in the package, users can design and develop applications that can be deployed on the right platform regardless of development systems or tools. Mono includes a ECMA standards-compliant runtime environment, a C# and F# compiler and the Common Language Runtime libraries that implement a majority of the Windows libraries and language functions for all supported systems. Mono runs on a wide variety of operating systems and environments with support for Linux (all platforms including embedded and mainframe) and provides a robust set of development tools.
Sine Nomine is the principal maintainer and only support provider for Mono on the s390x platform, and also provides support and maintenance for all Mono platforms.
Questions? Please contact us today.
SNA Mono Services
- Support for the Mono development environment and compilers on all platforms
- Custom development of new features and capabilities for the Mono interpreter, JIT and compilers
- Support for application optimization and analysis on all platforms
- Porting of the Mono interpreter, Ahead-of-Time (AOT) and Just-in-Time (JIT) compilers to new platforms. The Ahead of Time compilation feature in Mono allows Mono to precompile assemblies to minimize JIT time, reduce memory usage at runtime and increase the code sharing across multiple running Mono applications.
- Support and consulting on deployment for enterprise applications using the Mono platform
SNA participates directly in the development process for Mono and has direct commit access to the project source code repositories (most solutions developed in the course of support are upstreamed to the mainline project and become a permanent part of the Mono environment, enhancing the function of the project). We also are part of the ongoing development and integration of the recent Microsoft release of their internal .NET tree, and look forward to bringing the best of that code to the Mono project.
Installation and configuration of popular z/VM program products from IBM (e.g., DB/2-VM, DIRMAINT, MQSeries clients, RACF) and third party z/VM software vendors, including Velocity Software, Software Product Research, Computer Associates, and StorageTek.
- Detailed diagnosis of application issues and remediation
- Source code and documentation for all developed tools and features
- Deployment plans and timelines, with optional fee-based assistance by project
- Optional upstream submission of code and documentation
More Information on Mono/.NET
Additional information on Mono and .NET is available from:
- General information on the Mono Project
- Mono Compatibility with .NET on Windows
- s390x-Specific Features
- A white paper on Mono for System z
- Microsoft .NET Integration Roadmap
Please contact us today for more information on Mono support for your organization.