The OpenAFS team of Sine Nomine Associates provides OpenAFS support and development services for customers of various industry sectors and sizes. Our OpenAFS engineers are in direct contact with our customers’ technical staff, and work together in a strongly team-oriented manner. Engineers take ownership of support and/or development tasks as assigned, and follow through from initiation to delivery.
Full-time salaried, with Benefits, open to US Citizens and applicants eligible to work in the United States.
Ashburn, Virginia, USA (SNA home office), position reports to this office
Casual office/laboratory environment; no cubicles
Full/Part time Telecommuting is possible if circumstances permit (subject to company telecommute policy and management approval).
To be determined.
As an OpenAFS Engineer, you will:
- Develop enhancements to OpenAFS, as part of a team or individually within timelines.
- Resolve support issues in a timely manner and in accordance with industry best practices.
- Participate in pager rotation (one week every 6-8 weeks) and route trouble tickets for 24/7 support contracts (OpenAFS and other service contracts).
- Collaborate with customer and Sine Nomine technical staff in a professional manner.
- Limited Travel.
Position Qualifications/Education/Requisite Experience:
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience administering AFS highly desirable
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, IRIX, MacOS X highly desired
- Experience with OpenAFS at the source code level highly desired
- High proficiency in C/C++
- Previous experience with complex software development projects and testing in highly distributed environment desirable (provide references).
- Solid communication (written and verbal) skills (recent writing sample required).
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented work style with disciplined habits and minimal need for supervision and project management
- Professionalism on all levels of interaction with colleagues and customers
- E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include: Recent (professional) writing sample; 3 Professional/Technical References plus a reference for complex software development in a distributed environment.
- On Subject Line, make sure you include: OpenAFS Engineer