Pipeserv is a program written by Finn Skovgaard and is available from the IBM VM Downloads website.
It provides a Pipelines based service virtual machine that can be customized for different services. I have used it as a Data collector/filter (DISKACNT), an event scheduler (replacement for VM:Sched) and a Console Log consolidator.
It provides these basic features:
- Host command shell
- Host commands entered on the console are executed.
- Initial stack
- Records in the CMS program stack will be read at PIPESERV initiation and executed as CMS commands.
- Interactive REXX
- You can interactively execute REXX statements.
- You can instruct PIPESERV to display a reminder either after a given interval or at a specified time.
- Automatic log file cleanup
- Log files are automatically erased after 7 days, unless you specify another value in the configuration file.
- IUCV connection
- MSG, SMSG, IMSG and SCIF is automatically set to IUCV, trapped and logged by PIPESERV.
- Reader file information
- PIPESERV will query incoming reader files, log and display information on the console.
- Automatic logging of Console input, initial CMS stack, IUCV input, timer requests and interrupts, reader file information, optional initial reader file information and optional user-supplied records. The type of each record appears from the log records.